LOCATION :: NAIROBI
Our Client is one of Kenya’s leading interior design and furniture manufacturing companies and is looking to hire a Production Manager for their operations in Kenya.
You will be executing their sales plan and maintaining (part) of their existing client base. You have experience and a good track record selling packaging and shrink sleeve labelling especially to the dairy and beverage industry.
- Facilitate, create and execute production work plans, goals and deliverables and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- To ensure that production costs (labour, materials, etc.) are kept in line with budget or forecast targets.
- To manage the introduction of new products and to pro-actively work with our sales & marketing, design teams to ensure production capabilities match customer requirements.
- To devise strategies to manage productivity of the department and reduce waste, ensure budgets are adhered to and customer service targets met.
- Develop and execute a yearly manufacturing plan to deliver the business objectives (production volume, manufacturing controlled cost, quality, etc.
- Identify and source project subcontract parts, negotiate terms.
- Manage day-to-day production; controlling all type of activity, which is required for handling the production & production people with the help of Senior Management
- Liaise with procurement to review and track purchased items to ensure these meet project timeframes and quality standards.
- Effectively develop and apply methodology and enforce manufacturing standards.
- Provide update reports defining progress, problems and solutions to Senior Management Team.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Analyze current workloads and communicate with the Sales team and COO/CEO regarding Lead times.
- Construct, record and report on Key performance Indicators for members of the production team and yourselves.
- Construct, monitor and complete monthly plans with Directors.
- Manage health and safety on the shop floor liaising directly with our H & S Advisors to ensure we are compliant with current regulations.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- 3– 5 years’ experience in furniture manufacturing industry.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as production head.
- Experience in managing manufacturing as well as site work.
- Previous experience in ISO/Kaizen process highly preferred.Software:
- Knowledge of ERP is a MUST
- Advanced level of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must
- Adobe Acrobat Professional